Peacebuilding en las Américas’ (PLA), a Working Group with Friends Peace Teams (FPT), provides accompaniment, project financing, Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) training, and skill-building to communities and organizations in Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Colombia--- places where the violent legacies of civil war and systemic violence perpetuate social inequality…
It is with gratitude to Friends of Southeastern Yearly Meeting, that we submit this report. When we gather with Friends from around the country at the FCNL Annual Meeting and renew our commitment to work and witness for the world we seek, you are with us in heart and spirit.…
On Friday evening at Half Yearly Meeting, we participated in a remembrance of the Native Americans whose land our settler ancestors confiscated by inflicting death and misery in their conquest of the American continent. In a powerful ceremonial reading, we stood on blankets spread across the floor, representing the land.…
Nancy Obyrne, Kelly Watts, and I (Kathy Hersh, Miami MM) have been giving HIPP (Help Increase the Peace Project) and AVP (Alternatives to Violence) workshops periodically during the past 12 months at the St. John's Academy boys detention center in St. Augustine, Florida. Nancy had a connection to St. John's…
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) promotes lasting peace with justice, as a practical expression of faith in action.
- Acting in Faith connects Friends with the work of AFSC
- AFSC-Miami: the American Friends Immigrant Service Program
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) A Quaker Lobby in the Public Interest
- Quaker United Nations Office (QUNO) a Quaker presence at the United Nations, representing Friends’ concerns for global peace & justice.
- Quaker House Counseling and support for military service members
- Friends Peace Teams Peacebuilding, healing and reconciliation in Africa, Asia-West Pacific, Central and South America
- Friends New Underground Railroad (FNUR) transports LGBTQ people out of danger of persecution
- Peacebuilders Camp at Koinonia Farm, a summer camp for middle school youth
- Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) grassroots program of volunteers dedicated to reducing violence in ourselves and in our lives — our homes, schools, prisons, and communities.
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW) a human rights organization based in the farmworker community.
- Fair Food Program ensures humane conditions and fair wages for farmworkers. A project of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers.
- Fellowship of Reconciliation Peace and justice, nonviolent alternatives to conflict, and the rights of conscience
- Florida Coalition for Peace & Justice (FCPJ) Peaceful means to social change.
- Florida Impact mobilizing communities against hunger & poverty
- SIPAZ: preventing socio-political violence in Chiapas, Oaxaca, Guerrero, and other communities in Mexico.
- Sustainable Living Center of North Florida a project of FCPJ