What I originally thought was just my 17th birthday turned out to be the beginning of a long journey towards my career. That was the day I was introduced to the Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW) by SEYM. I quickly became very involved and passionate about the issues, and decided…
Aurelio Anderson (Tallahassee MM) is currently working as a member of the FCNL Advocacy Corps. After undergoing an intensive training over the summer, this group of 18 young adults from all over the country are employed by FCNL for one year to organize in their communities and lobby national legislators. This year…
Friends in SEYM are concerned about the epidemic of gun violence in our communities. Miami, Palm Beach, Tampa, and Orlando Meetings have joined the Florida Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence, adding their names to the petition to the Florida Governor, Senate, and House of Representatives. The Coalition, sponsored by the League of…
Cece Yocum (Tampa), currently serving as clerk of Peacebuilding En Las Americas and our SEYM Representative on Friends Peace Teams, sends us news that the Colombian Peace Accords are opening many new needs and opportunities for their peace-building and reconciliation work. While the signing of the Peace Accords ends the…
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) promotes lasting peace with justice, as a practical expression of faith in action.
- Acting in Faith connects Friends with the work of AFSC
- AFSC-Miami: the American Friends Immigrant Service Program
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) A Quaker Lobby in the Public Interest
- Quaker United Nations Office (QUNO) a Quaker presence at the United Nations, representing Friends’ concerns for global peace & justice.
- Quaker House Counseling and support for military service members
- Friends Peace Teams Peacebuilding, healing and reconciliation in Africa, Asia-West Pacific, Central and South America
- Friends New Underground Railroad (FNUR) transports LGBTQ people out of danger of persecution
- Peacebuilders Camp at Koinonia Farm, a summer camp for middle school youth
- Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) grassroots program of volunteers dedicated to reducing violence in ourselves and in our lives — our homes, schools, prisons, and communities.
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW) a human rights organization based in the farmworker community.
- Fair Food Program ensures humane conditions and fair wages for farmworkers. A project of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers.
- Fellowship of Reconciliation Peace and justice, nonviolent alternatives to conflict, and the rights of conscience
- Florida Coalition for Peace & Justice (FCPJ) Peaceful means to social change.
- Florida Impact mobilizing communities against hunger & poverty
- SIPAZ: preventing socio-political violence in Chiapas, Oaxaca, Guerrero, and other communities in Mexico.
- Sustainable Living Center of North Florida a project of FCPJ