Gainesville Friends have been active in carrying forward their concerns for social justice, peace, and earthcare in a number of ways this year --- hosting or organizing public events and working with other community organizations. Here are some highlights: Immigrant Justice & Sanctuary: Gainesville Monthly Meeting (GMM) hosted a community…
The Committee discerned a request from Kate Breslin from FCNL to stand in unity with other faith communities to sign a letter of support for State Attorney Aramis Ayala. Minute: The Southeastern Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends stands in unity with other faith communities in Florida by…
Following a Basic Alternatives to Violence Project Workshop in Jacksonville, Tenth Month 2016, Tim Fogarty (Gainesville Meeting) wanted to find a time at Half Yearly Meeting (HYM) to do a talk about AVP. We did not find time at HYM, but we gathered up reflections by some of the participants…
AVP-Jacksonville and Jacksonville Friends Meeting invite SEYM Friends to attend their next Alternatives to Violence Basic Workshop at the Jacksonville Church of the Brethren. The workshop begins Friday, March 3rd at 6 pm, and runs through Sunday, March 5th. The AVP workshop is an intensive learning experience that offers participants…
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) promotes lasting peace with justice, as a practical expression of faith in action.
- Acting in Faith connects Friends with the work of AFSC
- AFSC-Miami: the American Friends Immigrant Service Program
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) A Quaker Lobby in the Public Interest
- Quaker United Nations Office (QUNO) a Quaker presence at the United Nations, representing Friends’ concerns for global peace & justice.
- Quaker House Counseling and support for military service members
- Friends Peace Teams Peacebuilding, healing and reconciliation in Africa, Asia-West Pacific, Central and South America
- Friends New Underground Railroad (FNUR) transports LGBTQ people out of danger of persecution
- Peacebuilders Camp at Koinonia Farm, a summer camp for middle school youth
- Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) grassroots program of volunteers dedicated to reducing violence in ourselves and in our lives — our homes, schools, prisons, and communities.
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW) a human rights organization based in the farmworker community.
- Fair Food Program ensures humane conditions and fair wages for farmworkers. A project of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers.
- Fellowship of Reconciliation Peace and justice, nonviolent alternatives to conflict, and the rights of conscience
- Florida Coalition for Peace & Justice (FCPJ) Peaceful means to social change.
- Florida Impact mobilizing communities against hunger & poverty
- SIPAZ: preventing socio-political violence in Chiapas, Oaxaca, Guerrero, and other communities in Mexico.
- Sustainable Living Center of North Florida a project of FCPJ