The Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival is a new movement seeking to reignite, and re-commit to, the mission of Dr. Martin Luther King’s Poor Peoples’ Campaign of 50 years ago. Grounded in faith and non-violence, the Campaign focuses on three key demands of Dr. King —…
This is the most recent update from Monica Maher, the PLA Coordinator: I write on the national weekend of mourning in Ecuador; the country is in shock after a journalist team of the country’s largest newspaper were assassinated by FARC guerilla dissidents in Esmeraldas near the Colombian border. The three…
Seeking to encourage and support Peace and Social Concerns programs and actions within our SEYM Monthly Meetings, the SEYM Peace and Social Concerns committee met at Yearly Meeting and approved offering mini-grants from our committee yearly funding allocation to SEYM meetings for projects related to Peace and Social Concerns. This…
In our Yearly Business Meeting session on Thursday, March 29th, Miami Meeting brought forward a request that a minute addressing gun violence be written at these sessions, and an ad hoc committee to write one was formed. With input from Friends, the committee worked on the minute until its final…
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) promotes lasting peace with justice, as a practical expression of faith in action.
- Acting in Faith connects Friends with the work of AFSC
- AFSC-Miami: the American Friends Immigrant Service Program
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) A Quaker Lobby in the Public Interest
- Quaker United Nations Office (QUNO) a Quaker presence at the United Nations, representing Friends’ concerns for global peace & justice.
- Quaker House Counseling and support for military service members
- Friends Peace Teams Peacebuilding, healing and reconciliation in Africa, Asia-West Pacific, Central and South America
- Friends New Underground Railroad (FNUR) transports LGBTQ people out of danger of persecution
- Peacebuilders Camp at Koinonia Farm, a summer camp for middle school youth
- Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) grassroots program of volunteers dedicated to reducing violence in ourselves and in our lives — our homes, schools, prisons, and communities.
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW) a human rights organization based in the farmworker community.
- Fair Food Program ensures humane conditions and fair wages for farmworkers. A project of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers.
- Fellowship of Reconciliation Peace and justice, nonviolent alternatives to conflict, and the rights of conscience
- Florida Coalition for Peace & Justice (FCPJ) Peaceful means to social change.
- Florida Impact mobilizing communities against hunger & poverty
- SIPAZ: preventing socio-political violence in Chiapas, Oaxaca, Guerrero, and other communities in Mexico.
- Sustainable Living Center of North Florida a project of FCPJ