Peacebuilding en las Americas (PLA), an initiative of Friends Peace Teams, is undergoing a transition as it seeks a new Initiative Coordinator. PLA partners with local community groups to bring the Alternatives to Violence Program (AVP) and Trauma Healing programs to Latin America, where communities suffer from the violence of…
As SEYM Friends sat in committee meetings at Fall Interim Business Meeting last Saturday morning, they were shocked by news of the US bombing of the MSF (Medecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders) hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan. In the afternoon business session, Warren Hoskins, clerk of the Peace & Social Concerns…
The trauma experienced by thousands of veterans has been responsible for the increase in veterans' suicides, domestic violence and drug abuse. The Veterans Administration has chosen to label this condition as “moral injury”. However, many authorities refer to it as “soul injury”, and the healing process as “soul repair.” This…
At our Yearly Meeting Annual Sessions, SEYM Friends minuted our concern for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (LGBTQ) people in Africa, and our support for the Friends New Underground Railroad (FNUR) project of Olympia Monthly Meeting (North Pacific Yearly Meeting) to d LGBTQ Ugandans who are fleeing their homeland for their…
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) promotes lasting peace with justice, as a practical expression of faith in action.
- Acting in Faith connects Friends with the work of AFSC
- AFSC-Miami: the American Friends Immigrant Service Program
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) A Quaker Lobby in the Public Interest
- Quaker United Nations Office (QUNO) a Quaker presence at the United Nations, representing Friends’ concerns for global peace & justice.
- Quaker House Counseling and support for military service members
- Friends Peace Teams Peacebuilding, healing and reconciliation in Africa, Asia-West Pacific, Central and South America
- Friends New Underground Railroad (FNUR) transports LGBTQ people out of danger of persecution
- Peacebuilders Camp at Koinonia Farm, a summer camp for middle school youth
- Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) grassroots program of volunteers dedicated to reducing violence in ourselves and in our lives — our homes, schools, prisons, and communities.
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW) a human rights organization based in the farmworker community.
- Fair Food Program ensures humane conditions and fair wages for farmworkers. A project of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers.
- Fellowship of Reconciliation Peace and justice, nonviolent alternatives to conflict, and the rights of conscience
- Florida Coalition for Peace & Justice (FCPJ) Peaceful means to social change.
- Florida Impact mobilizing communities against hunger & poverty
- SIPAZ: preventing socio-political violence in Chiapas, Oaxaca, Guerrero, and other communities in Mexico.
- Sustainable Living Center of North Florida a project of FCPJ