In early December of 2015, Jim and I boarded a plane from Miami to Managua, Nicaragua. I was amazed a how short the flight was! Just a few hours to a wonderfully different culture, language and environment. We were picked up in a van and whisked to Quaker House, a…
The SEYM Peace and Social Concerns Committee wants to hear from you. We are interested in hearing from you as an individual and also hearing from your Meeting. What does peace and social justice look like? In your neighborhood? community? or nation? Are there issues that you or your meeting…
Quaker House of Fayetteville is asking Friends to help them raise awareness about the lack of mental health care for the estimated 700,000 veterans and service members in the US prison system, many of whom suffer from PTSD and other issues related to their military service. In so many cases,…
Peacebuilding en las Americas (PLA), an initiative of Friends Peace Teams, is undergoing a transition as it seeks a new Initiative Coordinator. PLA partners with local community groups to bring the Alternatives to Violence Program (AVP) and Trauma Healing programs to Latin America, where communities suffer from the violence of…
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) promotes lasting peace with justice, as a practical expression of faith in action.
- Acting in Faith connects Friends with the work of AFSC
- AFSC-Miami: the American Friends Immigrant Service Program
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) A Quaker Lobby in the Public Interest
- Quaker United Nations Office (QUNO) a Quaker presence at the United Nations, representing Friends’ concerns for global peace & justice.
- Quaker House Counseling and support for military service members
- Friends Peace Teams Peacebuilding, healing and reconciliation in Africa, Asia-West Pacific, Central and South America
- Friends New Underground Railroad (FNUR) transports LGBTQ people out of danger of persecution
- Peacebuilders Camp at Koinonia Farm, a summer camp for middle school youth
- Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) grassroots program of volunteers dedicated to reducing violence in ourselves and in our lives — our homes, schools, prisons, and communities.
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW) a human rights organization based in the farmworker community.
- Fair Food Program ensures humane conditions and fair wages for farmworkers. A project of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers.
- Fellowship of Reconciliation Peace and justice, nonviolent alternatives to conflict, and the rights of conscience
- Florida Coalition for Peace & Justice (FCPJ) Peaceful means to social change.
- Florida Impact mobilizing communities against hunger & poverty
- SIPAZ: preventing socio-political violence in Chiapas, Oaxaca, Guerrero, and other communities in Mexico.
- Sustainable Living Center of North Florida a project of FCPJ