Youth (under 18) and their families are invited to join us for fun-filled weekend July 25-28 at Lake Louisa State Park, a beautiful natural setting in Clermont, Florida. Activities will include swimming, canoe/kayaking, group games, nature hikes, all-ages worship, and more.
We will be staying in lakeside air-conditioned cabins, and cooking our own meals. The official program starts at 7pm Friday, and ends at noon Sunday, but meals and cabins will be available starting Thursday afternoon, for anyone who wants an optional, unprogrammed family day in the park.
There is no cost to attend this retreat!
Registration opens June 1, and closes July 15
For questions or more information, contact Kody Hersh
Lake Louisa State Park, 7305 US-27, Clermont, FL 34714
Just 30 minutes from Orlando, Lake Louisa State Park has a wide diversity of wildlife and plant communities. The park has 3 lakes, and there are opportunities for swimming, canoeing and kayaking, as well as nature hikes and other activities.
What should we bring?
- Personal items, plus: games to share, musical instruments, bathing suit, extra towel. Food and bedding are all provided.
Is this retreat only for Quakers?
- We welcome both Quaker and non-Quaker families who want to build inclusive community and explore Quaker spiritual practices.
Can youth attend without families? Can families attend without youth?
- This event is designed for youth (under 18) attending with families (parents, grandparents, caregivers, family friends). We welcome whoever you consider to be your family, as long as all youth are accompanied by a sponsoring adult, and all adults are accompanied by a sponsoring youth!
Is it still possible to register after the July 15 deadline?
- After July 15, contact Kody Hersh, Youth & Young Adult Coordinator, to find out if space is still available.
- Housing will be in the park’s lakeside, air-conditioned cabins. All meals and group activities, plus some housing, will be in an ADA-accessible cabin. We will plan meals to accommodate dietary restrictions. Let us know any other access needs when you register, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to learn more about SEYM Youth Programs?
visit our Youth Program page>