Peacebuilding en las Americas Coordinator Mónica A. Maher sends us this May 2021 update on PLA’s work in Central America. PLA is an Initiative of Friends Peace Teams that brings Alternative to Violence Project and trauma healing workshops and other peacemaking support to vulnerable communities in Colombia, El Salvador, Honduras,…
Peace en las Americas Coordinator Mónica A. Maher sends us this April 2021 update on PLA’s work on “planting a sustainable peace” in Central America. PLA is an initiative of Friends Peace Teams; Cece Yocum (Tampa) is our SEYM representative. Monica writes: Covid infection continues to increase in the region,…
About 50 Friends attended the FCNL workshop "Friends Reckoning with Racism, Justice Reform, and Election Integrity" at the SEYM Gathering, sponsored by the SEYM Peace and Social Concerns Committee. FCNL Staff members presented the many ways the historical foundations of white supremacy and systemic racism find modern manifestation in policies…
Peacebuilding en las Americas, an initiative of Friends Peace Teams, is responding to the devastation in Central America caused by Hurricane Eta, soliciting donations and working with their partners to supply people with food and other basic needs in this time of crisis. In addition, SEYM Friends have helped with…
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) promotes lasting peace with justice, as a practical expression of faith in action.
- Acting in Faith connects Friends with the work of AFSC
- AFSC-Miami: the American Friends Immigrant Service Program
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) A Quaker Lobby in the Public Interest
- Quaker United Nations Office (QUNO) a Quaker presence at the United Nations, representing Friends’ concerns for global peace & justice.
- Quaker House Counseling and support for military service members
- Friends Peace Teams Peacebuilding, healing and reconciliation in Africa, Asia-West Pacific, Central and South America
- Friends New Underground Railroad (FNUR) transports LGBTQ people out of danger of persecution
- Peacebuilders Camp at Koinonia Farm, a summer camp for middle school youth
- Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) grassroots program of volunteers dedicated to reducing violence in ourselves and in our lives — our homes, schools, prisons, and communities.
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW) a human rights organization based in the farmworker community.
- Fair Food Program ensures humane conditions and fair wages for farmworkers. A project of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers.
- Fellowship of Reconciliation Peace and justice, nonviolent alternatives to conflict, and the rights of conscience
- Florida Coalition for Peace & Justice (FCPJ) Peaceful means to social change.
- Florida Impact mobilizing communities against hunger & poverty
- SIPAZ: preventing socio-political violence in Chiapas, Oaxaca, Guerrero, and other communities in Mexico.
- Sustainable Living Center of North Florida a project of FCPJ