This summer Miami Monthly Meeting has been focused on FCNL and its work in two key areas: climate change/sea level rise and mass incarceration/sentencing reform. In June, we had a visit from Emily Wirzba of FCNL, who gave us a workshop on climate change. Two Miami area Republican Congresspersons, Ileana…
Al Geiger and Willie Hager, two Jacksonville Friends, spoke to 13- and 14-year olds attending the PeaceBuilders Camp at Koinonia Farm in Americus, Georgia on July 28. The days’ events centered around Article 18 of the UN Declaration of Human Rights, the Right to Freedom of Thought, Conscience, and Religion. Al…
Palm Beach Meeting recently had two wonderful opportunities to build bridges of friendship and understanding with local Muslim and interfaith communities, as well as to address the concern for Islamophophobia in this country. The first event was held on June 2nd, when the Meeting opened its doors to the public…
Quaker House has just published a book of healing strategies for moral injury, Moral Injury: Strategies and Interventions, by Cecilia Yocum, PhD, a member of Tampa Meeting, Florida. In the United States we have been late to recognize and provide supportive services to victims of post-traumatic stress disorder, and are only…
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) promotes lasting peace with justice, as a practical expression of faith in action.
- Acting in Faith connects Friends with the work of AFSC
- AFSC-Miami: the American Friends Immigrant Service Program
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) A Quaker Lobby in the Public Interest
- Quaker United Nations Office (QUNO) a Quaker presence at the United Nations, representing Friends’ concerns for global peace & justice.
- Quaker House Counseling and support for military service members
- Friends Peace Teams Peacebuilding, healing and reconciliation in Africa, Asia-West Pacific, Central and South America
- Friends New Underground Railroad (FNUR) transports LGBTQ people out of danger of persecution
- Peacebuilders Camp at Koinonia Farm, a summer camp for middle school youth
- Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) grassroots program of volunteers dedicated to reducing violence in ourselves and in our lives — our homes, schools, prisons, and communities.
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW) a human rights organization based in the farmworker community.
- Fair Food Program ensures humane conditions and fair wages for farmworkers. A project of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers.
- Fellowship of Reconciliation Peace and justice, nonviolent alternatives to conflict, and the rights of conscience
- Florida Coalition for Peace & Justice (FCPJ) Peaceful means to social change.
- Florida Impact mobilizing communities against hunger & poverty
- SIPAZ: preventing socio-political violence in Chiapas, Oaxaca, Guerrero, and other communities in Mexico.
- Sustainable Living Center of North Florida a project of FCPJ