Palm Beach Meeting recently had two wonderful opportunities to build bridges of friendship and understanding with local Muslim and interfaith communities, as well as to address the concern for Islamophophobia in this country. The first event was held on June 2nd, when the Meeting opened its doors to the public…
Quaker House has just published a book of healing strategies for moral injury, Moral Injury: Strategies and Interventions, by Cecilia Yocum, PhD, a member of Tampa Meeting, Florida. In the United States we have been late to recognize and provide supportive services to victims of post-traumatic stress disorder, and are only…
Jacksonville Friends believe that the Alternatives to Violence Program (AVP) is at the center of learning, and that a non-violent and peaceful society evolves from individuals and communities that learn to resolve conflict through mutual respect for one another's’ differences which include race, culture, and/or religion, and “lifestyle”. People must…
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) promotes lasting peace with justice, as a practical expression of faith in action.
- Acting in Faith connects Friends with the work of AFSC
- AFSC-Miami: the American Friends Immigrant Service Program
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) A Quaker Lobby in the Public Interest
- Quaker United Nations Office (QUNO) a Quaker presence at the United Nations, representing Friends’ concerns for global peace & justice.
- Quaker House Counseling and support for military service members
- Friends Peace Teams Peacebuilding, healing and reconciliation in Africa, Asia-West Pacific, Central and South America
- Friends New Underground Railroad (FNUR) transports LGBTQ people out of danger of persecution
- Peacebuilders Camp at Koinonia Farm, a summer camp for middle school youth
- Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) grassroots program of volunteers dedicated to reducing violence in ourselves and in our lives — our homes, schools, prisons, and communities.
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW) a human rights organization based in the farmworker community.
- Fair Food Program ensures humane conditions and fair wages for farmworkers. A project of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers.
- Fellowship of Reconciliation Peace and justice, nonviolent alternatives to conflict, and the rights of conscience
- Florida Coalition for Peace & Justice (FCPJ) Peaceful means to social change.
- Florida Impact mobilizing communities against hunger & poverty
- SIPAZ: preventing socio-political violence in Chiapas, Oaxaca, Guerrero, and other communities in Mexico.
- Sustainable Living Center of North Florida a project of FCPJ