How to Join SEYM Virtual Zoom Meetings
SEYM virtual meetings are on the Zoom video conferencing platform. Zoom is easy to use. You can join using your computer, mobile device, or telephone.
SEYM Worship and Yearly Business Meeting Sessions require registration. After you register, you will receive an email invitation with the information you need to join the meeting. Depending on your device, you will need the link, a Meeting ID, and/or a phone number.
You will need to download the Zoom app to your device before joining.
Before the meeting
- To get started with Zoom, and learn your in-meeting controls, see the tutorials below.
- Be sure your computer audio and camera are working.
- If you have audio or camera problems, see this tutorial on testing your audio, audio settings, and troubleshooting
- Zoom offers a free test meeting
- Be sure you have good lighting, from the front or side. Be sure you won’t be ‘ghosted out’
- Check your surroundings. Be aware of the condition of the background that your camera is
- aimed at, which we all will see.
- Please have a place to set your device so it can remain stationary during the meeting.
For a quick introduction, see How to Join a Zoom Meeting. See instructions for specific operating systems and devices.
Using PC or Mac:
- download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app from the Appstore
- See Getting Started with iOS.
- download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app from Google Play
- See Getting Started with Android
- Download the zoom application from the Chrome Web Store.
- See Getting Started with Chrome OS
All Devices: Attendee Controls in a meeting
For complete information on using your device in a meeting, see Attendee Controls in a Meeting. Scroll down for instructions on your device.
If you need written instructions, including ‘Video Conferencing Courtesy,’ click here.